5. It annoys me that the city is only interested in repairing the roads that the IOC will need to travel on, but it's okay with them that all the others remain in disrepair.
4. "Let Friendship Shine" sounds like a bad theme song to a super lame summer camp. First of all, no one in Chicago is friendly so where the F did that come from? Secondly, Olympic games are NOT about friendship. They're about competition and they're about celebrating the incredible things that humans are capable of.
3. Traffic. 90 minutes to go 25 miles when there's a Bears or a Cubs game... Enough people on the roads!!! And some of us will still need to work should this occur. How are we gonna get around? On top of that, this city is already way way WAY out of control gouging us out of our money for parking, taxing 25% for toothpaste, raising the price to ride the EL. Not really interested in creating an environment in which it would have an excuse to raise prices more.
2. Contrary to what Mayor Daly assumes, I'm NOT okay with paying extra taxes to cover any possible over-budget expenses concerning the games. And why can't we vote on whether or not we want them here?
1. I don't want to be the number-one terror target in the country.