Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Belated Birthday

Well, my birthday is in August, but it's taken me this long to get the photos I took onto the computer and ready to share.  M surprised me with a gift that I'd mentioned months earlier I would like someday, a ukulele!  
 Isn't it pretty?!
Knowing I'll never be a good guitarist, I set my sights on an easier yet equally portable and harmonic string instrument.  It's very easy to play because the strings are nylon and there are only four of them.  What's great is that it's a soprano ukulele, so the easiest chords to play are in my singing range.  Overall it's just an awesome instrument and was a wonderful gift- I've really been enjoying it!

My parents and grandparents gave me an equally awesome gift that I've not had the chance to use yet but I know that I will when I have more time:
  It adjusts to my size and just looks cool as a piece of furniture, too.  
I can't wait to get my hands on it!
I'm lucky to have such generous loved ones, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment