Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Missing Link

I've discovered the missing piece to the puzzle of my physical, mental, and emotional health: exercise! No, it is not a novel concept, but I have a serious aversion to running, so I've never been able to commit to an exercise routine. I've always been low energy and tired all the time. But since the summer began and I've been bicycling to work, my entire life has changed! Well, that's a complete exaggeration, but I feel more energetic, happy, and motivated than I can remember feeling at least within the past few years. During my long days of teaching, I don't feel like I could doze off in the middle of a sentence anymore. And that feeling is priceless. So maybe this exercise thing is here to stay... We'll see if I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment